News Source :

US man shells out highest permit fee of $1 lakh to hunt Pakistan’s national animal

A US national has paid record $110,000 (over ₹78 lakh) as permit fee to hunt Pakistan’s national animal markhor. Although hunting the markhor is illegal in Pakistan, it is legal under the government’s trophy hunting programmes. As per reports, Pakistani authorities distribute 80% of the money among the local community, whereas the remaining 20% goes to the government exchequer.

Read More